Favourites albums of all time
Here are the albums I consider to be my personal favourites.
If I were to use a scale a bit similar to what Scaruffi or The Needle Drop would use, these album would all be at least a 9/10. What does that mean? It's completely subjective, no hard rules or sub-scales, based on my personal appreciation of the album, whatever it can involve. I don't think I've ever encountered a 10/10, which would be an absolutely perfect listening experience, and I'm not even really sure such a thing can exist. The albums listed here therefore are those which come the closest to "perfection", whatever that means in my opinion. They are not especially avant-garde, they just succeed at what they aim for really, really well.
It may look odd, especially the absence of any record before 1997 and I don't really know how to explain it. I listen to a lot of music from before I was born (1993) but it doesn't seem to speak to me as well as music made during the years I'm living. This isn't a fixed list though so we'll see.
Ordered by year of release.
- 1997 - Emperor - Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk
- 2000 - A Silver Mount Zion - He Has Left Us Alone [...]
- 2000 - Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists [...]
- 2000 - Boris - Flood
- 2001 - Devin Townsend - Terria
- 2001 - Summoning - Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame
- 2003 - Mnemic - Mechanical Spin Phenomena
- 2004 - Khonnor - Handwriting
- 2006 - Cult of Luna - Somewhere Along The Highway
- 2006 - Laibach - Volk
- 2007 - Coaltar of the Deepers - Yukari Telepath
- 2008 - Lantlôs - Lantlôs
- 2009 - Miserere Luminis - Miserere Luminis
- 2010 - Triptykon - Eparistera Daimones
- 2012 - 4mat - Sans Titre
I hope some day I'll be able to do in depth reviews of each album.